Topics of BPM and SOA

How do you help the customer to define the business processes at a level where the automation can create a substantial business value? How can you connect legacy system through state of the art SOA techniques? How does a SOA environment have to look like that you can guarantee highly available business processes?


Wednesday 12 May 2010

Core BPM functionalities webMethods vs. Intalio

In my daily work I use the webMethods Suite to accomplish BPM challenges. Although these tools are pretty good I was wondering what functionalities I could get without paying money. Therefore I built up a virtual machine with components of the Intalio Community Edition. In the future posts I want to compare some key functionalities of both suites.
What are the core functionalities which I expect from a BPM solution?
  • Designing the process with a graphical tool
  • Generation of web forms for user tasks
  • Adapters to database systems or third party software should be available or easy to create
  • Monitoring of process instances

That are only basic functionalities which I want to use to analyze the degree of maturity of available open source bpm solutions. For running a productive BPM system you have to consider many other requirements, which I will have not planned to analyze in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment